Friday, January 7, 2011

Riding "bikes" in the Barn

MJ and EJ got new "vehicles" for Christmas. We got MJ a trike. A low riding, Schwinn with crome and a nifty wooden plate in the back that looks pretty sharp. I knew the pedals wouldn't be used for awhile, although she can almost reach them, but I wanted her to start practicing with the handlebars for awhile and we will work on the pedals gradually and hit it hard this spring/summer. We don't really have a driveway or sidewalks right next to our house, so Josh took both "vehicles" to the barn at camp. The rain has challenged me to find out of the house activities that are free/inexpensive and close. Riding our "bikes" at the barn is a perfect option as it is free and only a three minute car ride and as a bonus, we sometimes get to see Daddy at work. After three practices, MJ is amazingly fast and adept at steering...way ahead of the schedule that I thought we were on. I think we might try the pedals sooner than I anticipated. I will bring the video camera next time.


EJ got this push along car. He LOVES it! Mommy loves it, too, as it give my arms a break. MJ likes to push him, too. She is getting to be such a good and caring big sister.




After riding our "bikes," MJ helped Daddy sort lead ropes in the barn. My little girl is getting so independent!She always wants to help.

4 comments:

  1. Ah man...this post makes me so sad that we can't walk up and join you anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Mandi! That looks like a fun way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute babies!! We miss you guys. Hope we can see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it...what cuties!! Aiden and I will have to come and visit you sometime very soon...he would love to ride bikes with MJ & EJ!! Love ya all and "big" xoxo Aunt Heather

    ReplyDelete