Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cookie Decorating!

Now that my Mooch is grown up enough to get involved, I have been eagerly anticipating starting fun holiday activities/traditions with her. The first that I thought that I would attempt was cookie decorating. I made a big batch of sugar cookie dough one night and put it in the refrigerator for the next day. I thought we could do it during EJ's naptime. I made frosting in 5 different colors and bought all sorts of sprinkles and got out all of my christmas cookie cutters. This was going to be a big event and I was trying to be prepared before we got started. I stripped down the table and set out all the materials. We were ready.

She really just wanted to eat the frosting, but she got one cookie decorated. She even did good with the sprinkles.

She did not understand that we were just going to decorate cookies and not eat them all. Now that one was done, she wanted to eat it, well actually, just lick it.
 Okay, you can eat it, MJ!
 After liking the blue frosting off, she repainted it with red frosting! and then licked the red frosting off.
 The actual cookie decorating lasted about 6 minutes. I think only about three cookies got decorated (two by me). Good thing our friend, Caitlin came over to help mommy decorate the rest or I would have had so much wasted cookie dough. Hopefully MJ will be more into the decorating and less into the frosting licking next year. Maybe dying Easter eggs this year will be more successful. Not as tasty.


2 comments:

  1. Man, one of my hardest lessons in motherhood is letting go of the picture of magical moments I have in my head. Looks like you had fun and glad you had a helper for the cookies! It'll get better...this year making cookies with Z was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is almost EXACTLY what EM did the first time we decorated cookies. Maisie reminds me of her in so many ways!!!!

    ReplyDelete